The game of golf and industry rely on one thing, golfers. Golf facilities in Connecticut, like elsewhere, are faced with declining golfers, which have resulted in cost controls and reductions in some golf services. Area golf professionals are being tasked with more daily operational activities that take away from value-add services such as player development. Further, nearly one-third of golf facilities in the Connecticut do not have a PGA Professional on staff. These non-PGA facilities are doing even less in terms of add-on golf services and player development. Without golfer development the game and industry cannot thrive.
At Go Golf Academy, LLC our mission is to develop and enhance golfers and provide golf facilities the opportunity to offer valued-added services through player development.
• We believe in teaching, coaching, and growing people into golfers while providing a pathway for them to learn and be successful! We believe in creating golf experiences for people to make memories with friends and family.
WHY Golf Facilities…
• We believe in supporting all golf facilities in need of golf operation help in order to help grow the game, create a fun communal atmosphere, and keep people coming back to the facility!
Working with area PGA professionals and facilities, Go Golf Academy, LLC will develop specific strategies to meet the following goals and objectives:
• Increase player development activities at all affiliate facilities;
• Increase player development activities designed specifically for women golfers;
• Increase player development activities designed specifically for junior golfers;
• Introduce new people to the game of golf and
• Provide a PGA presence at non-PGA area golf facilities;
Josh is the owner of Go Golf Academy and has been serving the golf industry as a PGA Professional for the last six years. He grew up in Madison, Connecticut where he played baseball, basketball, and golf at a young age. He went on to play four years of Division II collegiate golf at the University of Tampa where, in May 2012, he graduated with honors and received his Business Degree in Entrepreneurship. After graduating, Josh focused on his combined passions for golf, business and helping others by enrolling in and completing the PGA Professional Golf Management program. In April 2017, Josh became a Class A PGA Professional and was also named the 2017 Assistant Golf Professional of the Year for the Connecticut Section PGA. Josh founded Go Golf Academy in January 2018 with the vision of changing the way PGA professionals serve the industry and to exponentially grow the game of golf.